Have you already had a free discovery session? No, then this is your first step. The easiest way to schedule is to select a time that works for you online. At the bottom of the page, you will find a button to click and schedule. You may also call 970-500-BIRD (2473) and hit option 2. Yes, I already had a discovery session. Then your coach will email you a list of available times for your first appointment within 24 business hours, once you have completed and sent back your onboard documents, as well as, completed payment.
This applies only to clients that are receiving financial coaching. You may reschedule for any reason up to 24 hours of your appointment free of charge. Any cancellations or reschedules requested within 24 hours of your appointment then you will be charged for that appointment. Our coaches at this point have invested their time getting ready and blocked off that time for you. You may cancel and get 50% of your money back up to 48 hours prior to your first appointment. No refunds within 48 hours of your first appointment or after.
We are open 9am – 6pm MST, Wednesday – Saturday. Your coach may make an exception to work with you outside of normal hours.
We work with clients around the country and conduct coaching sessions via Zoom. Zoom is a video conference platform that allows us to have a face-to-face meeting. Zoom, however, is not a requirement, we would be happy to work with you over a phone call if you prefer. To have a successful coaching session it is best to be in a quiet place that is distraction-free.
Financial coaches and financial advisors are not the same things. However, they are similar in a lot of respects. It isn’t a one or the other approach both can help elevate you financially. Often a financial coach will be the bridge to the advisor. It is said that personal finance is composed of 80% behavior and 20% knowledge. An advisor is more analytical, numbers and investments focused. A financial coach on the other hand is more focused on the 80%, behavior, your relationship with money. A coach will work with you on budgeting, getting out of debt, planning for big life events, and strategizing for retirement. An advisor will put together an investment portfolio and do complex financial planning. An easy analogy: an advisor is your workout routine, and a coach is a trainer. Lifting weights and doing cardio will get you results. Working with a trainer by your side, however, will help you stay accountable for getting into the gym, reminding you why you are working out, and cheering you on.
We offer two different financial services. For those just starting to get the foundation of personal finance and working under a coaching agreement, we don’t get into investment strategies. Our financial planning service does include helping you out with investments and asset allocation.
We make getting financial help affordable to everyone and work on a sliding scale. We charge by the hour or a flat rate for a package that includes multiple sessions. A financial coach can go over the details with you during your discovery session.
We want to put money back in your wallet, not drain it. Financial coaching is the best way to learn new money habits and put money problems behind you. You may be asking if this is something you can afford, but the real question is can you afford not to get help from a professional? All money situations are different and you don’t have to be ashamed of your financial situation. We are here to provide hope, understand your situation, and provide money guidance. We have seen all types of money scenarios. There is not a better way to get back on track with your money and create good money habits. This is an investment in yourself and your family. What are you worth?
Relationships are a two-way street, not a solo adventure. Managing your finances as a unit is the only way to have a successful outcome. Oftentimes, once couples start to engage in money conversations their tensions, are alleviated. We feel strongly about couples working together on their money goals and our coaches typically won’t move forward until both individuals are committed. If you’re having difficulty getting your spouse on board, talk with your coach.
A discovery session is when we will touch on your financial goals, pain points, your current financial situation, your history, etc. At this point, you do not need to have any financial documents ready. We will instruct you as you move along what other things may be needed. This is also the time for you to ask questions about the process, what we charge, and anything else you may be curious about.
We are glad you feel good about your financial situation. Like a car why not think about it as getting a performance tune-up or as regular maintenance like an oil change. Our financial coaches help people build wealth as much as helping them tackle financial struggles.